Atal Tunnel Recognised as World’s Longest Highway Tunnel by World Book Of Records
- The World Book of Records has officially certified the Atal Tunnel in Himachal Pradesh as the ‘World’s Longest Highway Tunnel above 10,000 Feet’.
- The award for the achievement was received by Lt Gen Rajeev Chaudhry, Director General of Border Roads Organisation (DGBR) on February 09, 2022.
- The 9.02 km long highway tunnel has been constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) under the Rohtang Pass on the Leh-Manali Highway in Himachal Pradesh.
- It was dedicated to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 3, 2020.
Points to remember:
- Which tunnel has been certified by World Book of Records as the ‘World’s Longest Highway Tunnel?
- Atal Tunnel is in which state?
- The tunnel is at an elevation of 3,100 metres (10,171 ft)