Centre approves continuation of Modernization of State Police Forces (MPF) Scheme for five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26; total outlay: Rs. 26,275 cr
- The Government has approved the continuation of the Scheme of Modernization of State Police Forces (MPF Scheme) for five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- Total Central financial outlay for five years is Rs. 26,275 crore.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) since 1969-70.
- Objective of the scheme is to gradually reduce the dependence of the State Governments on the Army and the Central Armed Police Forces to control internal security and law and order situations by equipping the State Police Forces adequately and strengthening their training infrastructure.
- Focus of the scheme is to build cutting edge level police infrastructure by construction of secure police stations, training centres, police housing (residential), equipping the police stations with the required mobility, modern weaponry, communication equipment and forensic set-up etc.
Points to Remember:
- What is the extended time duration of the Scheme of Modernization of State Police Forces (MPF Scheme)
- How much amount has been allocated to the Scheme of Modernization of State Police Forces (MPF Scheme) for five years till 2025-26?