2022 BRICS Games to be held online in September 2022
- The 2022 BRICS Games is scheduled to be held from September 01 to 30 but on online platform.
- This means that the athletes from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) will compete online.
- The 2022 BRICS Games will feature only three competitive games as medal events, which are breakdancing, chess and Wushu (Chinese martial arts).
Indian yoga, dragon and lion dance, dragon boat racing, Brazil jiu-jitsu, sambo and dibeke will be shown as demonstration events.
- The online BRICS Games can enhance mutual understanding and people-to-people exchanges among participating countries in an innovative and safe way, through the power of sports..
- The Game is being organised by China, as the host of the 14th BRICS Summit held in June 2022.