Skip to content
2022 FIDE Chess Olympiad will be held in Chennai
- India has been picked as the host nation for the FIDE Chess Olympiad 2022.
- The 44th edition of the Olympiad is scheduled to be held in Chennai. from 26th July 2022 to 8th August 2022.
- This is the first time that India will host the FIDE Chess Olympiad since its inception in 1927.
- The event was originally scheduled to be held in Russia, but FIDE pulled out from there following the Ukraine invasion.
- International Chess Federation (FIDE) headquarter: Lausanne, Switzerland