Skip to content
2022 First BRICS Sherpas meeting held under Chairship of China
- The first BRICS Sherpas meeting of 2022 was held on January 18 and 19, 2022 through virtual platform under the chairmanship of China.
- China’s BRICS Sherpa and Vice Foreign Minister Ma Zhaoxu hosted the 2022 the First BRICS Sherpas’ Meeting to discuss programme and priorities for the year.
- China took over the rotating chairmanship of BRICS on January 01, 2022, from India andwill host a series of activities including the 14th BRICS Summit..
- India’s BRICS Sherpa of 2022 Sanjay Bhattacharyya represented Indian delegation.
- BRICS comprise of five major emerging economies, which includes Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.