WHO launches Quit Tobacco App
- The World Health Organization (WHO) South-East Asia Region (SEAR) has launched a ‘Quit Tobacco App’ to help people give up the use of tobacco in all forms, including smokeless and other newer products.
- The App was launched by Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, Regional Director, WHO-SEAR, on February 15, 2022 during WHO’s year-long ‘Commit to quit’ campaign.
- This latest tobacco control initiative in the form of app will help users to identify the triggers, set their targets, manage cravings, and stay focused to quit tobacco.
Points to Remember:
- Name the app launched by WHO to help quit tobacco in all forms? Quit Tobacco App
- Quit Tobacco App has been launched by which region of WHO? South-East Asia Region (SEAR)
- Regional Director of WHO-SEAR? Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland