SEBI reconstitutes advisory committee on alternative investment policy; Chair-N R Narayana Murthy
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has reconstituted its alternative investment policy advisory committee.
- The committee advises the capital markets regulator on a range of issues that impact further development of the AIF (Alternative Investment Fund) industry.
- The reconstituted committee has 20 members. Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy is the chair of this committee.
- Earlier there were 22 members in the committee, which was constituted in March 2015 by Sebi .
Terms of Reference of the committee
- to advise Sebi on any hurdles that might hinder the development of the alternative investment industry
- development of the startup ecosystem in India
- advising Sebi on any issues which need to be taken up with other regulators for development of the alternative investment industry.
Points to Remember:
- Who is the head of the SEBI’s reconstituted alternative investment policy advisory committee?
- How many members are there in the SEBI’s reconstituted alternative investment policy advisory committee? 20
Source: Business Standard