35th Surajkund International Crafts Mela Kicks-off in Haryana
- The Governor of Haryana, Bandaru Dattatraya and Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal formally inaugurated the 35th edition of the world famous Surajkund International Crafts Mela at Surajkund in Faridabad district of Haryana.
- The Mela is open from March 19 to April 04, 2022, from 12.30 pm-9.30 pm.
- In 2022, the ‘Theme State’ is Jammu & Kashmir and Uzbekistan is the partner nation.
- It provides an opportunity for the artisans from all over India to showcase their talent and the richness and diversity of the handicrafts, handlooms, and the cultural heritage of India.
- The event is organized jointly by the Surajkund Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs.
- The Fair was first organized in 1987.
- Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, the event could not be organised in the year 2021.
Points to Remember:
- Surajkund International Crafts Mela is organised every year in which state?
- Which edition of Surajkund International Crafts Mela has been organised in 2022?
- Which is the partner nation for the event?
- Theme state for the mela?