9th India-Seychelles Joint Military Exercise ‘LAMITIYE-2022’ to begin from March 22
- The 9th edition of the Joint Military Exercise ‘LAMITIYE-2022’ between the Indian Army and Seychelles Defence Forces (SDF) will be held from March 22 to 31, 2022 at Seychelles Defence Academy (SDA), Seychelles.
- The Indian Army contingent will be represented by the 2/3 GORKHA RIFLES group (PIRKANTHI Battalion).
- Exercise LAMITIYE is a biennial training event, being conducted in Seychelles since 2001.
- The objective of this joint training exercise is to build and promote bilateral military relations, sharing experiences gained during various operations; exchanging skills and good practices between both the armies.
Points to Remember:
- LAMITIYE-2022 is a joint military exercise of Indian Army with the Army of which country?
- In 2022, which edition of exercise LAMITIYE is taking place?
- Exercise LAMITIYE-2022 has been organised in which country?