AAI launches ‘AVSAR’ Scheme to provide platform to SHGs for promotion of local artisans and products
- The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has launched an initiative “AVSAR” to encourage the talent of women, artisans and craftsmen and provide them with the right opportunities.
- AVSAR stands for ‘Airport as Venue for Skilled Artisans Of The Region’.
- Under AVSAR initiative, AAI will allocate space to Self Help Groups (SHGs) at its airports for selling/showcasing the self-made products of their region.
- An area of 100-200 square feet has been earmarked at each AAI operated airport for this.
- The space will be allotted to the self- help groups, turn on turn basis, for a duration of 15 days.