Andhra Pradesh Social activists builds Gandhi Mandiram and Smruthi Vanam at Srikakulam
- In Andhra Pradesh, a few social activists have built a temple for Mahatma Gandhi (Gandhi Mandiram) and Smrithi Vanam (memorial park) for our great freedom fighters’ at the Municipal Park in Srikakulam.
- The statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Gandhi Mandiram along with the statues at Smrithi Vanam were unveiled on the eve of Gandhiji’s death anniversary, on January 30, 2022 as a tribute to the Father of Nation and freedom fighters.
- The new initiative will inculcate patriotism among the youths by remembering the sacrifices of freedom fighters.
- The Gandhi temple has been built at an estimated cost of Rs 20 lakh with the help of donors
- The statues of freedom fighters and social activists have been erected at the Smrithi Vanam, some of which includes
- Statues of freedom fighters Sardar Vallabhai Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, Jawahar Lal Nehru, BR Ambedkar, Chatrapathi Sivaji, Alluri Seetharamaraju, Sardar Gouthu Latchanna
- Statues of social activists like Swami Vivekananda, Jyothirao Pule, Gurajada Apparao, Gowtham Budda and APJ Abdulkalam and Mother Teresa.
Points to Remember:
- Gandhi Mandiram and Smrithi Vanamfor freedom fighters have been unveiled at which city/state on January 30, 2022?
Source: The New Indian Express