Skip to content
Armenian President Armen Sarkissian Resigns
- The President of Armenia, Armen Sarkissian has announced his resignation on 23 January 2022.
- As per Sarkissian, his office is not granted sufficient powers to allow him to be an effective head of state.
- Armen Sarkissian served as the 4th president of Armenia from 9 April 2018 to 23 January 2022.
- He had also served as Prime Minister of Armenia from 4 November 1996 to 20 March 1997.
- Additional Information:
- Armenia Capital: Yerevan
- Currency: Armenian dram
- Prime minister: Nikol Pashinyan