Assam Confers ‘Assam Baibhav’ Award To Industrialist Ratan Tata
- The state government of Assam has conferred its highest civilian award ‘Assam Baibhav’ for the year 2021 on industrialist and philanthropist Ratan Tata.
- Mr Tata has been awarded for “his exceptional contribution towards furthering cancer care in Assam”.
- The award was presented by Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi on January 24, 2022.
- Assam Baibhav is the highest civilian award in the State of Assam
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs.5 lakh (US$6,600). The recipient can avail medical treatment throughout his life at government expense.
- Assam Baibhav was officially launched by Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on December 02, 2021, on the occasion of “Asom diwas” (Assam Day).
Points to Remember:
- Who has been awarded ‘Assam Baibhav’ 2021?
- Prize money for ‘Assam Baibhav’ award