- Axis Bank has signed an MoU with IPE Global for strengthening India’s healthcare infrastructure by providing affordable finance of up to USD 150 million (about Rs 1,140 crore) through SAMRIDH.
- What is SAMRIDH: SAMRIDH Healthcare Blended Finance Facility is an initiative of the Government of India wherein a pool of fund is used to improve the health infrastructure, strengthen the skills of healthcare providers in India.
- SAMRIDH is supported by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi (IIT-D).
- SAMRIDH stands for Sustainable Access to Markets and Resources for Innovative Delivery of Healthcare (SAMRIDH).
Points to remember:
- What amount of loan has Axis Bank sanctioned for the healthcare sector under SAMRIDH facility?- USD 150 million
- Which bank has sanctioned a loan of USD 150 million under the SAMRIDH facility?- Axis Bank
- SAMRIDH full form?- Sustainable Access to Markets and Resources for Innovative Delivery of Healthcare
- USAID headquarters?- Washington, D.C., United States
Source: economic times