- Bank of Maharashtra has partnered with Mahagram (a fintech company) to roll out the ‘Bank Sakhi’ project in Odisha. Mahagram would provide the Bank of Maharashtra with financial technology and infrastructure support to augment rural financial inclusion.
- As part of this partnership, Mahagram has onboarded more than 11,000 bank sakhis (women) on the BharatATM platform to help the rural citizens avail basic banking services at their doorstep or the next door Kirana stores.
- BharatATM platform is a rural banking platform that offers banking services to small merchants and customers through its assisted banking app. It was launched by Mahagram in December 2020.
Points to remember:
- Bank of Maharashtra has partnered with which firm to roll out the ‘Bank Sakhi’ project?- Mahagram
- Bank of Maharashtra has partnered with Mahagram to roll out ‘Bank Sakhi’ project in which state?- Odisha
- Mahagram fintech company is based in Mumbai
- BharatATM platform was launched by?- Mahagram
Source: Hindu Business Line