Bharath Subramaniyam becomes India’s 73rd Chess Grandmaster
- Bharath Subramaniyam from Chennai has become the 73rd Grandmaster of India on January 09, 2022.
- To achieve the Grandmaster (GM) title, a player has to secure three GM norms and cross the live rating of 2,500 Elo points.
- The 14-year-old teenager completed his third and final GM Norm and crossed the requisite 2500 rating at Vergani Cup Open in Italy.
Points to Remember:
- Name of India’s 73rd GM in Chess? Bharath Subramaniyam
- City from which Bharath Subramaniyam belongs? Chennai
- FIDE headquarter- Lausanne, Switzerland