Boxer Nikhat Zareen become 2nd Indian to win multiple Gold at Women’s World Boxing Championship
- India finished with the highest number of gold medals, that means 4 gold, at the 2023 IBA Women’s World Boxing Championship.
- The 13th edition of the championship was held at the Indira Gandhi Sports Complex in Delhi, from 15 to 26 March 2023.
- Indian pugilists Nikhat Zareen won gold medal in the 50 Kg light flyweight category bout finals, when she beat two-time Asian champion Nguyen Thi Tam of Vietnam with a 5-0 scoreline.
- This was the second successive hold medal of Nikhat in the World Championship.
- She is now the second Indian female boxer to win multiple gold medals at the World Championship. after pugilist Mary Kom.
Other three Indian players to win gold at the championship are:
- Nitu Ghanghas – Minimumweight – beat Lutsaikhany Altantsetseg of Mongolia
- Lovlina Borgohain – Middleweight – beat Caitlin Parker of Australia
- Saweety Boora – Light Heavyweight – beat Wang Lina of China
Top 5 Countries in Medal Table
List of Medal Winners