Cabinet approves extension of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) till March 2023
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved continuation of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) for a further period till March 2023.
- A total budget expenditure of more than Rs 2000 crore has been allocated for 2022-23.
- The intended targets to be achieved by AIM include:
- Establishing 10000 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs),
- Establishing 101 Atal Incubation Centers (AICs),
- Establishing 50 Atal Community Innovation Centers (ACICs) and
- Supporting 200 startups via the Atal New India Challenges.
- The objectives of the AIM is to create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country through interventions at school, university, research institutions, MSME and industry levels.
- The Mission was set up under the NITI Aayog, in accordance with the Finance Minister’s declaration in the 2015 Budget Speech.