Centre exceeds FY22 Asset Monetisation Target; Rs 96,000 crore realised
- The Government of India has exceeded its asset monetization target of Rs 88,000 crore set for the financial year 2021-22 (FY22).
- As per the assessment, Centre has completed asset monetisation worth Rs 96,000 crore during FY22.
- The sectors which contributed most to the asset monetisation include roads, power and mining of coal and minerals.
- For FY23 (2022-23), the Central government has set asset monetization goal of Rs 1.62 trillion.
- What is Asset monetisation: The process of creating new sources of revenue for the government and its entities by unlocking the economic value of unutilised or underutilised public assets.
Points to Remember:
- What is the asset monetisation target set by Centre for FY23?
- What was the target set for FY22?
Source: Business Standard