Centre extends PM CARES for Children Scheme up to February 28, 2022
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has extended the PM Cares for Children Scheme till February 28, 2022.
- Earlier the scheme was valid till December 31, 2021.
- Key features of the scheme
- PM Cares for Children Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Modi on May 29, 2021 to support children who have lost both their parents due to COVID 19 pandemic.
- Children below the age of 18 years, who lost their parents starting from March 11, 2020 ( the date on which WHO
has declared and characterized COVID-19 as pandemic) are eligible to enroll under the scheme.
- Total corpus of fund to be spent is fixed at Rs 10 lakh per child till the age of 23 years.
- The scheme can be accessed through the online portal – https://pmcaresforchildren.in .
- To download and read the scheme in detail, Click on the following link: PM Cares
Points to remember:
- How much amount of Fund will be spent by the government on each child under the PM Cares scheme? Rs 10 lakh
- Validity period to enroll under the scheme? February 28, 2022
Source: Business Standard