Skip to content
- Daily News
- Chinese diplomat Zhang Ming takes charge as new Secretary-General of SCO
Chinese diplomat Zhang Ming takes charge as new Secretary-General of SCO
- Veteran Chinese diplomat Zhang Ming has taken over as the new Secretary-General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) with effect from January 01, 2022.
- The 65-year-old Zhang replaces Vladimir Norov, a former diplomat from Uzbekistan who completed his term on December 31, 2021.
- Prior to joining SCO, Zhang served as the head of the Chinese mission to the European Union for four years.
- SCO headquarter- Beijing, China
- Total SCO member states- 8
- Member nations-India, Kazakhstan, China, the Kyrgyz Republic, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.