CISF Observes 53rd Raising Day on March 06, 2022
- The 53rd Raising Day ceremony of Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF) was organised on March 06, 2022, in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah attended and addressed the Raising Day ceremony of CISF at Ghaziabad’s Indirapuram. he also inspected the parade of the force.
- CISF Director General – Shri.Sheel Vardhan Singh
- CISF was set up under an Act of the Parliament of India on 10 March 1969, to provide security cover to industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and establishments located all over India.
- Eventually, it was made an armed force of the Republic of India by another Act of Parliament passed on 15 June 1983.
- CISF is one of six paramilitary forces in India and functions under the Ministry of Home Affairs Its headquarters is at New Delhi.