Skip to content
- Daily News
- Dubai opens its Infinity Bridge for traffic for the first time
Dubai opens its Infinity Bridge for traffic for the first time
- The iconic ‘Infinity Bridge’ in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, was formally opened to traffic for the first time on January 16, 2022.
- The bridge is named ‘Infinity’ as its design resembles the mathematical sign for infinity (∞). It also represents limitless, infinite goals of Dubai.
- The bridge consists of six lanes in each directions and a combined 3-metre track for pedestrians and cyclists
- It is 300 metres long and 22 metres wide. The bridge is built over the Dubai Creek and can accommodate 24,000 vehicles in both directions each hour.
- It shall connect Deira to Bur Dubai and vice-versa.