Egypt Becomes Official Member of BRICS New Development Bank (NDB)
- Egypt has officially become a member of BRICS’ New Development Bank (NDB) on March 22, 2023.
- Cairo completed all the necessary procedures to become an eligible member of BRICS Bank on February 20, 2023.
- It is the fourth new country to become the member of NDB apart from BRICS nations.
- Earlier in September 2021, NDB admitted Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Uruguay as its new members.
Points to Remember
- NDB Headquarter – Shanghai, China
- NDB President – Marcos Prado Troyjo
- NDB formation – July 2014