Elon Musk tops Forbes Billionaires List 2022, Mukesh Ambani richest Indian (10th)
- Tesla and SpaceX chief Elon Musk has topped the Forbes Billionaires List 2022 to emerge as the richest person in the world. His total estimated net worth is $219 billion.
- He is followed by Amazon chief Jeff Bezos and Louis Vuitton chief Bernard Arnault respectively.
- Top Indian – Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani has been retained as the richest Indian in the list with a net worth of $90.7 billion. He is ranked at 10th position globally.
- Top Women in the list – Cosmetics giant L’Oréal’s founder’s granddaughter, Francoise Bettencourt Meyers, has been listed as the richest woman in the world in 2022, with a net worth of $74.8 billion.
- A total of 2,668 billionaires have been ranked in the 36th edition of the annual ranking of world’s richest people by Forbes.
List of Top 10 Billionaires Globally
- Elon Musk ($219 billion)
- Jeff Bezos ($171 billion)
- Bernard Arnault and family ($158 billion)
- Bill Gates ($129 billion)
- Warren Buffett ($118 billion)
- Larry Page ($111 billion)
- Sergey Brin ($107 billion)
- Larry Ellison ($106 billion)
- Steve Ballmer ($91.4 billion)
- Mukesh Ambani $(90.7 billion).
List of Top 10 Indian in the List
- Mukesh Ambani ($90.7 billion) – 10th rank
- Gautam Adani ($90 billion) – 11th rank
- Shiv Nadar ($28.7 billion) – 47th rank
- Cyrus Poonawalla ($24.3 billion) – 56th rank
- Radhakishan Damani ($20 billion) – 81st rank
- Lakshmi Mittal ($17.9 billion) – 89th rank
- Savitri Jindal and family ($17.7 billion) – 91st rank
- Kumar Birla ($16.5 billion) – 106th rank
- Dilip Sanghvi ($15.6 billion) – 115th rank
- Uday Kotak ($15.3 billion) – 129th rank
List of Indian Women on Forbes Billionaires List 2022
- A total of 11 Indian women, with 4 newcomers, feature in this list. They are:
|91.||Savitri Jindal||$17.7 billion||Steel|
|637.||Falguni Nayar||$4.5 billion||Fashion and retail|
|778.||Leena Tewari||$3.8 billion||Pharmaceuticals|
|913.||Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw||$3.3 billion||Biopharmaceuticals|
|1238.||Smita Crishna-Godrej||$2.5 billion||Consumer goods|
|1579.||Anu Aga||$1.9 billion||Engineering|
|1645.||Mudula Parekh||$1.8 billion||Manufacturing|
|1729.||Radha Vembu||$1.7 billion||Business software|
|2076.||Sara George Muthoot||$1.4 billion||Finance|
|2448.||Kavita Singhania||$1.1 billion||Cement|
|2578.||Bhawari Bai Surana||$1 billion||Pharmaceutical|