Filmmaker KP Kumaran wins JC Daniel Award 2022 for lifetime contributions to Malayalam cinema
- Malayalam filmmaker KP Kumaran has been honoured with the JC Daniel Award, Kerala’s highest film award.
- Kumaran won the award for his contribution to the Malayalam film industry since making his directorial debut with Athithi in 1975.
About J. C. Daniel Award
- The J. C. Daniel Award is the Kerala’s highest award in Malayalam cinema.
- It is presented annually by the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy, a non-profit institution under the Department of Cultural Affairs of the Government of Kerala.
- The award is named after JC Daniel, who is regarded as the Father of Malayalam cinema.
- The award comprises of a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, a citation, and a plaque.