Flipkart Foundation launched for growth of rural area and women
- Homegrown e-commerce giant, The Flipkart Group has constituted and launched the Flipkart Foundation, a new platform with focus on development in rural areas and providing equitable access to growth opportunities for women and other disadvantaged communities.
- The Flipkart Foundation aims to positively influence 20 million lives directly and indirectly in the coming decade across a wide array of areas by utilising Flipkart’s learnings over the years
- The operations of Flipkart Foundation will be grant-based. The contributions will come from the Flipkart Group and through the ‘Charity Checkout’ feature available on Flipkart platforms.
- The Flipkart Foundation will engage with diverse stakeholders to enable transformational development work for society and the economy, by offering support to underprivileged sections of society and make them a part of the country’s growth story.
Points to Remember:
- Name of the new unit launched by Flipkart to enable transformational development of rural areas and growth of women?
Source: Business Standard