Skip to content
- Daily News
- Former Pakistani President and jurist Rafiq Tarar, passes away at 92
Former Pakistani President and jurist Rafiq Tarar, passes away at 92
- Veteran Pakistani politician and former Supreme Court judge, Rafiq Tarar, has passed away due to prolonged illness. He was 92.
- Tarar served as the 9th President of Pakistan from January 1998 until his resignation in June 2001.
- Prior to joining politics, Tarar had served as a senior justice of Supreme Court of Pakistan from 1991 to 1994.
- He also served as the 28th Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court from March 6, 1989 to October 31, 1991.