Gen Bipin Rawat Memorial Chair of Excellence instituted at the United Service Institution of India (USI)
- The Indian Army has dedicated a Chair of Excellence in the memory of late Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Bipin Rawat at the United Service Institution of India (USI), on the occasion of his 65th birthday anniversary.
- The purpose of Gen Bipin Rawat Memorial Chair of Excellence at USI will be to conduct research on strategic issues related to the armed forces, with focus on the field of Jointness and Integration.
- The Chair will be open to Veterans of three Services and civilians having expertise in the field of National Security.
- The topic for 2022 research will be Jointness and Integration in the Context of Land Warfare in India.
- Gen MM Naravane, Chief of Army Staff handed over a cheque of Rs 5 lakhs to Director, USI, Maj Gen BK Sharma (retd), which will be paid as honourarium to the nominated Chair of Excellence.