- Ministry of Education has approved a new scheme named “New India Literacy Programme (नव भारत साक्षरता कार्यक्रम) for the period FYs 2022-2027 to cover all the aspects of Adult Education.
- The scheme aims to align Adult Education will all aspects of National Education Policy 2020 and Budget Announcements 2021-22.
- Outlay: The total outlay of “New India Literacy Programme” is Rs.1037.90 crore for the FYs 2022-27. (which includes Central share of Rs.700 crore and State share of Rs.337.90 crore respectively)
- Who will be covered: The scheme will cover non-literates of the age of 15 years and above in all state/UTs in the country.
- Government has now replaced the term “Adult Education (प्रौढ़ शिक्षा)” as ‘Education for All’ in the country.
- Census data: As per Census 2011, the absolute number of non-literates of the country in 15 years and above age group is 25.76 crore (Male 9.08 crore, Female 16.68 crore).
Points to remember:
- Name of the scheme launched by Government for Adult eduction/Education of All in India?
- Minimum age to be covered under the New India Literacy Programme?
- New India Literacy Programme has been launched till how many years?- 2027
- Total outlay of New India Literacy Programme?= Rs 1037.90 crore
- The term Adult Education has been replaced by?- ‘Education for All’
- As per census 2011, what is the number of non-literates in India in age group of 15 years and above?= 25.76 crore