Government forms Advisory Committee for Semicon India; Head-Union Minister of Electronics and IT, Ashwini Vaishnaw
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has formed an advisory committee of experts for Semicon India programme.
- The Semicon India programme was approved by the Union Cabinet in December 2021 for the development of a sustainable semiconductor and display ecosystem in the country, in line with the vision of PM Narendra Modi to make India a global leader in Semiconductor manufacturing, Design & innovation.
- The Advisory Committee will be chaired by the Union Minister of Electronics and IT, Ashwini Vaishnaw, while the Minister of State, Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY), Rajeev Chandrashekhar will be the Vice-Chairperson.
The composition of the Advisory Committee is as follows:
- Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (Chairperson)
- Minister of State, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Vice–Chairperson)
- Dr. V. K. Saraswat, Member NITI Aayog
- Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India
- Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (Convenor)
- Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs
- Secretary, Department of Expenditure
- Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs
- Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
- Dy. NSA, National Security Council Secretariat
- Shri Vinod Dham, Founder & Ex. Managing Partner at Indo-US Venture Partners
- Shri Ajit Manocha, President SEMI, USA
- Shri Neelkanth Mishra, Credit Suisse
- Prof. A Paulraj, Emeritus Professor at Stanford University, USA
- Prof. Pradeep Khosla, Chancellor, University of California San Diego, USA
- Prof. V. Kamakoti, Director, IIT Madras, Chennai
- Dr. Ajai Chowdhry, Founder of HCL
Mandate of the Advisory Committee:
- provide insights and suggestions to develop a sustainable semiconductor and Display ecosystem in India
- provide key inputs for building a resilient supply chain, promoting investments, financing mechanisms, global engagement, research & innovation, and IP generation for the semiconductors and display ecosystem
- enable an ecosystem to support startups and MSMEs.