- India will hold the Presidency of the G20 from 1 December 2022 to 30 November 2023 and the G20 Summit will be held in India in 2023 (18th edition)
- For its preparation, the government has approved the setting up of a G20 Secretariat and its reporting structures. The G20 Secretariat will be guided by an Apex Committee headed by Prime Minister and it will have the following members:
- Finance Minister- Nirmala Sitharaman,
- Home Minister- Amit Shah,
- External Affairs Minister- S. Jaishankar, and
- G20 Sherpa- Piyush Goyal
- The G20 secretariat will be responsible for implementation of overall policy decisions and arrangements needed for steering India’s forthcoming G20 Presidency.
- In 2021, the G20 summits was held in Rome, Italy. In 2022 the G20 summit will be held in Bali, Indonesia while in 2023 it will be held in New Delhi, India.
Points to remember:
- Who will be the head of Apex Committee to the G20 secretariat?- Prime Minister
- Which country will host the G20 summit in 2022 and 2023?- Indonesia and India respectively
- Current President of G20?- Indonesia
- Theme for the Indonesia’s G20 Presidency in 2022?- “Recover Together, Recover Stronger” as the