Govt observes Literacy Week from 1st to 8th September 2023 under ULLAS
- Ministry of Education will organise a literacy week from 1st September to 8th September 2023 to celebrate International Literacy Day and to create awareness among all citizens about the ULLAS- Nav Bharat Saaksharta Karyakram.
- ULLAS (Understanding of Lifelong Learning for All in Society) of Nav Bharat Saksharta Karyakram was launched by the Union Education Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan on 29.07.2023 in New Delhi during the celebration of 3rd anniversary of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- International Literacy Day is celebrated on 8 September.
Points to remember:
- Literacy week?- 1 sept to 8 sept 2023
- International literacy day?- 8 Sept
- ULLAS full form?- Understanding of Lifelong Learning for All in Society
More about ULLAS
- ULLAS- Nav Bharat Saaksharta Karyakram on Education for All (erstwhile termed as Adult Education), is a centrally sponsored scheme.
- It was approved by Government of India for implementation during FYs 2022-27 in alignment with National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- The Scheme has five components, namely (i) Foundational Literacy and Numeracy, (ii) Critical Life Skills, (iii) Basic Education, (iv) Vocational Skills, (v) Continuing Education.
- The logo, slogan/tagline-Jan Jan Sakshar