Gujarat becomes first state to announce dedicated Semiconductor Policy, 2022-2027
- The Gujarat government led by Chief Minister Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel has unveiled a dedicated ‘Gujarat Semiconductor Policy 2022-27’ and has even proposed to develop a special “Semicon City”.
- The launch of Gujarat Semiconductor Policy 2022-27 makes the state first in the country to have a dedicated semiconductor policy.
- This will help in generation of at least 2,00,000 new employment opportunities during a period of five years.
- The main purpose of the policy is to make Gujarat a pioneer in developing the Electronics System Design & Manufacturing (ESDM) ecosystem.
- The “Semicon City” would be part of the Dholera Special Investment Region, a greenfield industrial city under construction on Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) stretch of Gujarat.
Source: Financial Express