IAF successfully test-fires BrahMos missile from Su30-MkI fighter jet on Eastern seaboard
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully carried out live test-firing of a BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from a Sukhoi fighter jet, Su30 MkI, on the Eastern seaboard on April 19, 2022.
- The missile hit the target with accuracy and precision.
More about BrahMos
- The BrahMos supersonic cruise missile has been developed by BrahMos Aerospace, an India-Russian joint venture.
- The missile can be launched from submarines, ships, aircraft, or even land platforms.
- It can fly at a speed of 2.8 Mach or almost three times the speed of sound.
- The missile has a range of 290 km.
- The range of the advanced version of the missile has been extended to around 350 km.
Source: Business Standard