IIT Madras establishes AquaMAP Water Management and Policy Centre
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has established a new interdisciplinary water management and policy centre called ‘AquaMAP’ to solve water problems in India.
- The AquaMAP was inaugurated at IIT Madras by Prof. K. Vijay Raghavan, the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India, on March 19, 2022.
- He also launched the website of AquaMAP– https://aquamap.iitm.ac.in/
- Ligy Philip, department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras, and dean (planning), IIT Madras, is the principal investigator of AquaMAP.
- AquaMAP is a national water centre to provide smart solutions for challenging water problems by designing smart and optimal water management practices as a scalable model by leveraging best practices in management and innovative technologies, and implementing them at different locations across the country.