IMF cuts India’s GDP growth forecast for FY23 to 8.2%
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has slashed the gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast for India in FY23 to 8.2 percent in its latest World Economic Outlook report, released on April 19, 2022.
- Earlier in January report, this was estimated at 9 percent.
- IMF has also cut India’s FY24 GDP growth forecast to 6.9 percent. Earlier this was 7.1 percent.
- In the case of global economy, IMF has cut the growth forecast for calendar year 2022 to 3.6 percent from 4.4 percent.
Points to Remember:
- GDP growth rate of India in FY23 and FY24 as per IMF?
- GDP growth rate of global economy in 2022
Source: Business Standard