IMF lowers India’s FY22 growth forecast to 9% from 9.5%
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has cut India’s economic growth forecast for the current fiscal 2021-22 (FY22) to 9 percent, in its latest world economic outlook report, released on January 25, 2022.
- Earlier this was estimated at 9.5%
- IMF has projected the growth forecast for India in 2022-23 (FY23) at 7.1%
- IMF has projected the global growth rate in 2022 to 4.4%, and in 2023 to 3.8%.
Source: Business Standard
Points to Remember:
- GDP growth projection of India as per IMF in FY22?
- GDP growth rate of India as per IMF in FY23?
- Global GDP growth rate as per IMF in 2022 and 2023?
- The world economic outlook report is released by which organisation? IMF
- IMF headquarter – Washington, DC