India and ASEAN nations approves Digital Work Plan 2022
- India and ASEAN nations have approved a work plan titled India-ASEAN Digital Work Plan 2022, during the second ASEAN Digital Ministers’ (ADGMIN) Meeting held on January 28, 2022 virtually.
- Under the plan, India and ASEAN will jointly work to develop a system to combat use of stolen and counterfeit mobile handsets, and WiFi Access network interface for nationwide public internet.
- The plan also includes capacity building and knowledge sharing in emerging areas in Information and Communication Technologies such as Internet of Things, 5G, Advanced Satellite Communication and Cyber Forensics.
- The ADGMIN meeting was co-chaired by Devusinh Chauhan, Minister of State for Communications, Government of India, and Admiral Tin Aung San, Myanmar’s Minister of Transport and Communications.
Points to Remember:
- India has recently approved Digital Work Plan 2022 with which country?
- India co-hosted the ASEAN Digital Ministers’ (ADGMIN) Meeting 2022 with which country?
- ASEAN Digital Ministers’ (ADGMIN) Meeting 2022 was which edition of the meet?
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations is a group of 10 member states in Southeast Asia. HQ- Jakarta, Indonesia