- India has been ranked at 120th position in the Sustainable Development Report 2021 or Sustainable Development Index 2021. The Index has been topped by Finland.
- The Index measures the country’s total progress towards achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. These 17 Sustainable Development Goals were adopted by the UN General Assembly in September 2015 as a part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- The top 5 countries in this ranking are:
- 1- Finland; 2- Sweden; 3- Denmark; 4- Germany; 5- Belgium
- In this Index, countries are ranked by a score out of 100. India has a score of 60.07. Last year India’s rank was 117.
Points to remember:
- Rank of India in Sustainable Development Report 2021 or Sustainable Development Index 2021?- 120
- Top 5 countries in Sustainable Development Report 2021 or Sustainable Development Index 2021?
Source: economic times
Extra Info: The 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world:
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal