India Ranks 83rd in Q1 Henley Passport Index 2022; Japan & Singapore Tops
- India has improved its position by seven places to rank at 83rd place among 111 countries in the latest Henley Passport Index, released for Q1 of 2022. India ranked at 90th spot among 116 countries in Q4 of 2021 in October.
- The Indian passport has visa-free access to 60 destinations worldwide in Q1 2022, as compared to 58 destinations in Q4 of 2021.
- Oman and Armenia are the latest destinations where Indian passport holders can visit without obtaining a visa.
- Japan and Singapore have retained the joint top position in the Henley Global Mobility Report 2022 Q1. Their passports holders are allowed to travel visa-free to 192 countries.
- Afghanistan has world’s least powerful passports, with visa-free score of 26
Henley Passport Index
- The Henley Passport Index, is published quarterly by global immigration consultant firm Henley & Partners since 2005.
- The index ranks the passports of countries according to the number of destinations their holders can visit without a prior visa.
- The rankings are based on the analysis of data provided by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
Source: Money Control