India ranks third globally in LEED Certified Green Buildings outside US in 2021
- India has been ranked third in the world in the US Green Building Council’s annual list of top 10 nations and areas outside of the United States for LEED-certified green buildings in 2021.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is the most widely used green building rating system in the world, and provides a framework for healthy, highly efficient, and cost-saving green buildings.
- In 2021, India had 146 LEED certified buildings and spaces. This is nearly 2.8 million gross area square meters (GSM) of space, marking an increase of around 10% in LEED certified space from 2020.
- China has topped the list with LEED certified space of more than 14 million GSM. Canada is at second position having more than 3.2 million GSM.
- Though the United States is not included in the list but remains the world’s largest market for LEED with more than 26 million GSM certified during the year.
Points to Remember:
- What is the rank of India in LEED-certified green buildings ranking of US Green Building Council in 2021?
- Which country has topped the LEED Certified Green Buildings ranking of US Green Building Council
- In India, LEED is administered by Green Business Certification Inc (GBCI).