India successfully flight-tested Pinaka Mk-I (Enhanced) Rocket System and Pinaka Area Denial Munition Rocket Systems
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Army successfully flight-tested a new version of the Pinaka rocket system at the Pokhran firing ranges on April 09, 2022.
- These included Pinaka Mk-I (Enhanced) Rocket System (EPRS) and Pinaka Area Denial Munition (ADM) rocket systems.
- The EPRS is the upgraded version of the Pinaka variant, which has been in service with the Indian Army for the last decade.
- The rocket system has been upgraded with advanced technologies and enhanced range to meet the emerging requirements.
- The Pinaka rocket system has been developed by DRDO lab- Armament Research and Development Establishment, Pune in collaboration with High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, Pune.