Skip to content
India successfully test-fires naval variant of advanced supersonic BrahMos cruise missile
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test-fired an extended range sea-to-sea variant of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile on January 11, 2022 for the Indian Navy.
- This advanced sea to sea variant of BrahMos Supersonic Cruise missile was launched from INS Visakhapatnam, a stealth guided-missile destroyer of the Indian Navy.
- The BrahMos supersonic cruise missile is produced by BrahMos Aerospace, an India-Russian joint venture.
- The missile can be launched from submarines, ships, aircraft, or from land platforms.
- BrahMos missile flies at a speed of 2.8 Mach or almost three times the speed of sound.