Skip to content
- Daily News
- India to get 9% of Electricity from Nuclear Sources by 2047
India to get 9% of Electricity from Nuclear Sources by 2047
- AS per the information by the Union Minister Jitendra Singh, in India, the Government has set the target that nearly 9% share of electricity is likely to be contributed from nuclear sources by 2047.
- The rising contribution of nuclear power in India’s energy sector will help the country to achieve the commitment of net zero target by 2070.
- The other target laid down by the Department of Atomic Energy is achieving 20 gigawatts (GW) capacity of nuclear power generation by 2030.
- This will make India the third-largest producer of atomic energy in the world after the US and France.