India-Turkmenistan inks four agreements during President Ram Nath Kovind’s 3-day official visit to Turkmenistan
- India and Turkmenistan witnessed signing of four agreements on April 02, 2022, during the state visit of President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind to Turkmenistan. He is the first-ever President of India to visit independent Turkmenistan.
- The agreement was signed in the presence of Indian President Mr. Kovind and Turkmen President Serdar Berdimuhamedov.
- President Kovind is on a week-long state visit to two nations, Turkmenistan (April 01-03) and the Netherlands (April 04-07).
- The four MoUs signed between India and Turkmenistan includes:
- MoU between the Financial Monitoring Service at the Ministry of Finance and Economy, of Turkmenistan and Financial Intelligence Unit of India
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Governments of Turkmenistan and India for cooperation in the field of Disaster Management.
- Program of Cooperation in the Fields of Culture and Arts between Governments of Turkmenistan and India for the period 2022-2025.
- MoU between Ministry of Sports and Youth Policy, Turkmenistan and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, India for cooperation in Youth Matters.
Points to remember:
- How many MouS were signed between India and Turkmenistan?
- Capital: Ashgabat
- President: Serdar Berdimuhamedow
- Currency: Turkmenistani manat
Source: Republic World