Indian-American engineering professor Kaushik Rajashekara wins 2022 Global Energy Prize
- Kaushik Rajashekara, an Indian-origin professor of Engineering at the University of Houston, USA, has won the Global Energy Prize for 2022.
- Kaushik is among only three people in the world who were selected for the prestigious award in 2022, by the Global Energy Association.
- He has been given the award for his contributions to transportation electrification and energy efficiency technologies while reducing power generation emissions.
- The other two 2022 laureate are:
- Viktor Orlov – chief specialist of the Centre for Innovative Technologies (Rosatom in Russia) and pioneer in thermonuclear physics
- Mercouri Kanatzidis – professor of chemistry and materials science at Northwestern University and senior researcher at the Argonne National Laboratory.
Source: The Times of India