Indian Army Participates in ‘Exercise BRIGHT STAR- 23’ in Egypt
- The Indian Army is participating in the ‘Exercise BRIGHT STAR- 23’, which is the largest ever joint military exercise in Middle East & North Africa region.
- The first edition of the Exercise was conducted in the year 1980 in Egypt.
- Indian Army contingent comprising of 137 personnel is participating with INS Sumedha in the exercise.
- The exercise has been organised at Mohammed Naguib Military Base in Egypt from 31 August to 14 September 2023.
- Overall 34 countries are participating in the 2023 edition of the multinational Tri-Services military exercise.
- The joint military exercise will be led by US CENTCOM and Egyptian Army.
- Exercise BRIGHT STAR- 23 will provide opportunity to Indian Army to share best practices and experiences with other armies for enhancing overall defence cooperation.
Points to Remember:
- Exercise BRIGHT STAR- 23 is being held in which country?
- How many countries are participating in Exercise BRIGHT STAR- 23?
- Which Indian ship is taking part in Exercise BRIGHT STAR- 23?