Indian contingent wins five medals on Day 6, 1 silver, 4 bronze, taking total tally to 18
- At the in the ongoing Commonwealth Game 2022 in Birmingham, Indian Judoka Tulika Maan helped India to get third medal in Judo as she won silver medal in the women’s 78 kg category. Tulika faced a defeat against Scotland’s Sarah Adlington in the final.
- Indian athlete Tejaswin Shankar won bronze in the men’s high jump event. He cleared 2.22m to finish third. This is the first-ever CWG medal for India in high jump.
- Weightlifter Lovepreet Singh managed bronze in men’s 109 kg category. He lifted a total of 355 kg ( 192 kg in clean and jerk, 163kg in snatch).
- India’s super heavyweight lifter Gurdeep Singh bagged a bronze medal in Men’s 109+ kg category final. He lifted a total of 390 kg (167kg. in snatch, 223 in clean and jerk).
- Ace India squash player Saurav Ghosal won bronze in men’s single. He lost to England’s James Willstrop, 11-6, 11-1, 11-4. This is the first ever singles medal for India in squash at the Commonwealth Games.
- With the addition of these five medals on Day 6, comprisin one silver and four bronze, the total medals won by India so far has reached to 18 (5 gold, 6 silver and 7 bronze).
List of Total Medals won by India till date at 2022 CWG – 18
- Mirabai Chanu – Women’s 49kg (Weightlifting)
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga – Men’s 67kg (Weightlifting)
- Achinta Sheuli – Men’s 73kg (Weightlifting)
- Rupa Rani Tirkey, Lovely Choubey, Pinki and Nayanmoni Saikia – Women’s Fours (Lawn Bowls)
- Sathiyan Gnanasekaran, Sharath Kamal, Harmeet Desai and Sanil Shetty – Men’s Team (Table Tennis)
- Sanket Mahadev Sargar – Men’s 55kg (Weightlifting)
- Bidyarani Devi – Women’s 55kg (Weightlifting)
- Likmabam Sushila Devi – Women’s 48kg (Judo)
- Vikas Thakur – Men’s 96kg (Weightlifting)
- Indian badminton mixed team
- Tulika Maan – Women’s 78kg (Judo)
- Gururaja Poojary – Men’s 61kg (Weightlifting)
- Vijay Kumar Yadav – Men’s 60kg (Judo)
- Harjinder Kaur – Women’s 71kg (Weightlifting)
- Tejaswin Shankar – Men’s High Jump
- Lovepreet Singh – Men’s 109kg (Weightlifting)
- Gurdeep Singh – Men’s 109kg+ (Weightlifting)
- Saurav Ghosal – Men’s Single (Squash)