Indian military awards contract to Swedish Defence Company ‘Saab’ for supply of AT4 anti-tank weapons
- The Indian armed forces have signed a contract with the Swedish defence company ‘Saab’ for the supply of single-shot anti-armour weapon AT4.
- Saab was selected through a competitive program for the supply of the AT4CS AST weapon, which will be used by the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force.
- The AT4CS AST (CS- (Confined Space); AST- Anti Structure Tandem-warheads) is a lightweight and fully disposable weapon.
- It can be fired from confined spaces such as from inside buildings, bunkers and other urban environments.
- The weight of AT4CS AST is around 9 kg with an effective range of 200m.
Points to Remember:
- Indian Armed Forces is purchasing anti-armour weapon AT4 from which country? Sweden
- Saab is an aerospace and defence company of which country? Sweden
Source: The Hindu